Residential Treatment Centers
|Covered by TRICARE?||Limits|
TRICARE covers Psychiatric Residential Treatment Centers. These centers help you with psychiatric conditions that require a 24-hour protected and highly structured therapeutic environment.
You may receive approval for residential treatment if you:
- Have a primary diagnosis other than a substance use disorder.
- Have significant impairment that interferes with your normal functioning.
- Are unable to function in the community with only outpatient services.
- Don’t need to be in a hospital full-time.
- Are transitioning from another program as part of treatment plan.
You need to get prior authorization.