Over-the-Counter Drugs and Supplies
TRICARE covers some over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and supplies. Most OTC drugs and supplies are available from military pharmacies, network pharmacies and through home delivery. Your usual TRICARE pharmacy copayments for generic drugs apply. Learn more>>
TRICARE covers the following OTC drugs with a prescription from your doctor:
- Cetirizine tablets
- Fexofenadine tablets
- Loratadine tablets
LevonorgestrelEmergency contraceptive used to prevent pregnancy. It's also known as Plan B. It's available to all beneficiaries for free without a prescription. (Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive) is covered without a prescription from your doctor.
- OTC drugs aren't covered outside of the U.S. or U.S. Territories.
- Visit the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool to learn more.
Filling OTC Prescriptions
- Get a prescription from your provider (except for Plan B) or ask them to e-prescribe.
- Go to a military pharmacy, network pharmacy or send it to Express Scripts to fill through home delivery.
TRICARE covers the following OTC supplies:
- Insulin products
- FreeStyle Lite and Precision Xtra blood glucose strips
- Visit www.myfreestyle.com/TRICARE to learn about blood meters, available at no cost to you
- Urine glucose test strips
- Blood and urine ketone/acetone test strips
- Syringes and needles used for injectable medications
- Inhaler spacers
There are some limitations. Visit the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool to learn more.
Some medical supplies and devices not listed may be covered. Contact your regional contractor for more information.
Last Updated 8/17/2022