You'll pay cost-shares for covered dental services, as well as your monthly premiums. Your cost-shares depend on:
- Your sponsor's pay grade and
- Where you live, the CONUS Service AreaClick to closeUnited States, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands or the OCONUS Service AreaClick to closeAreas outside of the United States, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands..
|Covered Services||CONUS Service Area||OCONUS Service Area|
E-1 - E-4
E-5 and above
|Sealants (Sealants included at 0% after May 1st, 2017)||20%||20%||0%|
|Miscellaneous Services(occlusal guard, athletic mouth guard)||50%||50%||0%|
- Doesn’t apply to Selected Reserve and Individual Ready Reserve members (other than Special Mobilization Category) and their families. They will pay CONUS cost-shares.
- We fully cover space maintainers for posterior teeth for patients under age 19. We cover them at a 20% cost-shareClick to closeA percentage of the total cost of a covered health care service that you pay. for patients under age 19 when replacing anterior teeth only. We cover sealants at 20% as noted above.
- Available for enrolled family members. We cover:
- Children up to age 21 or 23, based on your student status: >>Learn more
- Spouses up to age 23
- National Guard/Reserve sponsors up to age 23
Your dental coverage has specific limits and exclusions. You can get details at TRICARE Dental Program Benefit Booklet.
Last Updated 5/29/2019