Transitioning from TRICARE to Veterans' Affairs
You may choose to get care for line of duty injuries at a Veterans' Affairs (VA) facility.
The VA has benefit counselors and liaisons at military hospitals who can:
- Help service members and their families get VA services
- Coordinate health care
- Help in discharge planning
The following military hospitals have VA staff onsite.
- Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX
- Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Ft. Hood, TX
- Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Ft. Gordon, Augusta, GA
- Evans Army Community Hospital, Ft. Carson, CO
- Madigan Army Medical Center, Ft. Lewis, Tacoma, WA
- Naval Hospital, Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, CA
- Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- Womack Army Medical Center, Ft. Bragg, NC
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center at Bethesda, MD