Copayments & Cost-Shares
Active duty service members pay nothing out-of-pocket for any type of care
Active duty family members only pay for care when they use:
- A TRICARE Prime plan and they get care without a referral*
- TRICARE Select
- A network pharmacy or TRICARE Home Delivery
- There is no cost for services received at an MTF except for a small per diem when using inpatient care
- For US Family Health Plan and TRICARE Prime Remote costs, choose "TRICARE Prime" from the pull-down menu
- You only have to pay the TRICARE For Life (TFL) Health Plan Costs listed if a service is covered by TRICARE and not by Medicare. If you are looking for Medicare and TRICARE covered service costs, download the TFL Cost Matrix.
- Visit the Cost Terms page for definitions to help you better understand TRICARE costs.
*1TRICARE Prime includes a point-of-service option. This means you pay higher costs when you don't have a referral or you use non-network providers without authorization from the TRICARE regional contractor. If you have a referral and/or authorization, your costs are the same as network costs.Note: The point-of-service option isn't available to active duty service members.
Last Updated 7/3/2019