What is TRICARE Prime Overseas?
TRICARE Prime Overseas is a managed care option available in overseas areas near military hospitals and clinics. You must be TRICARE-eligible to enroll. If you’re a retiree or a family member of a retiree, you can't enroll in TRICARE Prime Overseas. To see if you’re in a TRICARE Prime Overseas area, use the Plan Finder Tool or call your overseas contractor. To learn more about TRICARE Prime Overseas, visit the TRICARE Prime Overseas page.
- There is no annual enrollment fee.
- There are no copayments for care if you get care from your primary care manager (PCM) or with a referral.
Referrals and Authorizations:
- Your PCM must refer you for any care they can’t provide.
- If you’re an active duty service member, you need a referral for urgent care, routine, preventive and specialty careSpecialized medical/surgical diagnosis, treatment, or services a primary care provider isn’t qualified to provide..
- All other TRICARE Prime Overseas enrollees need referrals for specialty and diagnostic care.
- Your PCM works with the overseas contractor for referrals and authorizations.
- If you see a provider without a referral, you’re using the point-of-service option.
Visit the Covered Services page to find out if your service is covered.
Included as part of the TRICARE Pharmacy Program. To learn more, visit the Pharmacy page.
- Not included. You may buy separate dental coverage. To learn more, visit the Dental Care page.
- If you’re an active duty service member, you have coverage under your active duty dental benefits.
- Available but
Last Updated 8/24/2023