I’m an active duty service member on terminal leave. How do I get care?


Your TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Prime Remote enrollment at your current duty station continues until you retire.

  • If you stay in the same area when you are on terminal leave, you continue to get care as an active duty service member. You must get a referral from your primary care manager (PCM) for nonemergency medical or dental care.

  • If you move when you are on terminal leave, you can get care at any military hospital or clinic, but you must stay in TRICARE Prime at your current duty station. Contact your PCM for referrals before getting any nonemergency care. For example, if your current duty station is in Virginia and you are in TRICARE Prime, but move to Montana while on terminal leave, you must contact your PCM in Virginia if you need nonemergency care.

To learn more, visit the On Terminal Leave page.

Last Updated 5/20/2024