How do I get proof of medical coverage for overseas travel?


You may request a basic coverage letter from the TRICARE Service Center of the overseas location you’re traveling to: 

If the country you’re traveling to needs proof of coverage for COVID-19, contact the overseas contractor for help. To find country specific contact information, visit Overseas Resources page.

If you are active duty and stationed at a base with a military hospital or clinic, contact their TRICARE office for help.

Note: TRICARE doesn’t cover COVID-19 test for personal travel. If you’re an active duty service member, TRICARE may cover tests if you need it for mission readiness or deployment. To learn more COVID-19 care, visit the COVID Guidance page.

Contact Information
TRICARE For Life Overseas Contractor (International SOS)
Country-Specific Toll-Free Numbers

TRICARE Overseas (including U.S. Territories) International SOS (Overseas Contractor)
Country-Specific Toll-Free Numbers

Last Updated 9/28/2023