TRICARE Dental Program
Effective May 1, 2017, United Concordia will assume responsibility for administering the TRICARE Dental Program, replacing the outgoing dental contractor, MetLife. You can enroll for dental coverage now through the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.
The TRICARE Dental Program is a voluntary dental plan. You can enroll if you're a:
The plan is available worldwide in two service areas:
The TRICARE Dental Program covers:
- Exams, cleanings, fluorides, sealants, and X-rays
- Fillings, including white fillings on back teeth
- Root canals
- Gum surgery
- Oral surgery and tooth extractions
- Crowns and dentures
- Orthodontics and braces
- Scaling and root planing (deep cleaning) for diabetics
- Additional cleaning for pregnant women
MetLife is the TRICARE Dental Program contractor. After you enroll, you can create an account with MetLife to:
- View dental coverage
- Check a claim
- View claims history
- View explanation of benefits
- Find a dentist
- File a complaint
- View frequently asked questions
- View oral health information
- Download forms and documents
- Download the TRICARE Dental Program Benefit Booklet and other materials
You'll need a Department of Defense Self-Service Logon to create your account.
Need to file or check on a MetLife claim?
For dental care before May 1, 2017, you can check on your claim with the previous dental contractor, MetLife, by calling: CONUS: 855-638-8371, OCONUS: 855-638-8372, or TDD/TTY: 855-638-8373
Need an annual dental exam for dental readiness?
Dentists who participate in the TRICARE Dental Program will complete the DD Form 2813 at no additional cost to you. >>Learn More