Line of Duty Care | TRICARE

contact Your Contacts

Defense Health Agency, Great Lakes


DHA, Great Lakes Website

View More Contacts

Line of Duty Care

You may qualify for line of duty care if you incur or aggravate an injury, illness, or disease while in the line of duty (performing ADT, IDT, drill weekend, or any other training while on orders). This includes when traveling directly to or from your place of duty. To get line of duty care, your unit must issue a Line of Duty (LOD) determination (or a Notice of Eligibility [NOE] if you're in the U.S. Coast Guard).

LOD/NOE determinations are used to establish, manage, and authorize health care for any specific injury, illness or disease that results in emergency or urgent care while serving on drill weekends or annual training. LOD/NOE coverage is separate from any other TRICARE coverage, including:

Line of duty care alone isn't considered minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act. If you have no other TRICARE coverage (i.e. TAMP, TRICARE Reserve Select, etc.), then you don't have minimum essential coverageBasic health care coverage that meets the Affordable Care Act requirement..

Submit your claims for line of duty medical care to your regional contractor. >>Learn More

Need Line of Duty Dental Care?
Line of duty dental care is provided through the Active Duty Dental Program. >>Learn More

Note to Air Force Reservists:

A military hospital or clinic can verify your eligibility for LOD Care by calling the Air Force Reserve Command toll-free at 1-888-577- 2561, option “4” from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm EST, Monday – Friday. 

Your full Social Security number is required to verify eligibility.

Last Updated 10/3/2018