Pharmacy - Storing Medication
- Store medicines away from heat and direct light which may cause the medicine to break down.
- Prevent exposure to moisture. Store capsules or tablets away from the bathroom, kitchen sink and other damp places. Moisture may cause the medicine to break down. Also, after opening your medicine container, remove any cotton plug as it could draw moisture into the container.
- Keep medicine in its original container so the label will help identify what it is.
- Do not store medicines in the refrigerator unless directed to do so.
- Do not freeze liquid medicines.
- Do not leave medicines in an automobile for long periods of time.
- Keep medicines out of the reach of children.
- Discard outdated medicines that are no longer needed. Also, be sure that any discarded medicine is out of the reach of children.
- When traveling, carry your medicine with you rather than putting it in your checked luggage. Checked luggage may get lost or misplaced or may be stored in very cold or hot areas.
Last Updated 5/11/2020