Neonatalogy is the branch of medicine concerned with the care, development, and diseases of newborn infants. A neonatologist is a medical doctor with additional training in newborn intensive care.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Your new baby may need individual care due to early birth or other medical condition. Our neonatal team and the Level III NICU will provide your baby with the best, highest level of care.
The WRNMMC NICU cares for newborns at risk from the National Capital Area as well as from overseas locations.
Intensive care services
- Premature birth
- Low birth weight
- Sepsis (infection) and septic shock
- Birth defects
- Critical illness
- Respiratory problems
- Other life threatening complications
Our pride shows! The WRNMMC NICU...
- A DoD "Center of Excellence,"
- Staffed by board-certified neonatal specialists.
- Uses the most advanced medical technologies available.
- Cares for over 400 high-risk, critically ill newborns each year.
- Featured on "THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL" for exemplary work and service to military medicine.
Last Updated 10/3/2019