We can provide an in-depth one-on-one review of all of your medications to ensure that your current drug therapy is both safe and effective. These review are conducted by a clinical pharmacist who has expert knowledge in the therapeutic use of medications.
Why are medication reviews important?
Medication reviews are important because they ensure that:
- you are taking only the medications you need and don't have duplicates
- medications aren't interacting with one another
- you are taking the correct amount of medicine at the right time
- any supplements, herbal, or over-the-counter medications you may be taking are safe and not interacting with your prescription medications
- you have a copy of an accurate medication list on hand, as well as in your medical record
Some common questions you may have that our clinical pharmacists can answer are:
- Why am I taking these medications?
- How do my medications work?
- What time of day should I take my medications?
- Should I take medications on an empty stomach or after eating?
- Can I drink alcohol while taking my medications?
- How can I manage side effects?
- Do I really need to take all of these pills?
How can I schedule an appointment?
You can schedule an appointment with a clinical pharmacist by:
- Phone: 301-295-0196 (mention "Integrative Health and Wellness")
- Speaking to one of our front desk professionals in Internal Medicine, America Building (19), 2nd Floor
In order to better serve you, please bring ALL of the medications that you are taking including over-the-counter, herbal, and supplements.
Last Updated 5/28/2020