Web Site Mission
The mission of the WRNMMC Web Site is to support the overall mission of WRNMMC by providing official, timely and accurate information about the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, Maryland as well as the WRNMMC Branch Clinics in outlying areas.
This mission is consistent with the DoD Principles of Information, which outline the Department’s policy for providing information to military members, DoD civilians, military family members, the American public, Congress and the news media.
Web Site Policy The WRNMMC web site is operated and maintained in accordance with Joint Task Force and DoD web policies.
Privacy and Security
This is a U.S. Government Web Site.
- The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) web site is provided as a public service. Information presented on the WRNMMC site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes only. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us.
Section 508 Compliance Statement
The U.S. Department of Defense is committed to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. § 794d), as amended in 1999. Send feedback or concerns related to the accessibility of this website to:DoDSection508@osd.mil. For more information about Section 508, please visit the DoD Section 508 website.
Last Updated: 9/5/2013
Public Affairs Officer
This site is maintained by the WRNMMC Web Team, and is approved by the Public Affairs Officer, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Disclaimer for External Links
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy or the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense, the Department of the Navy or the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) do not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.
Research and Professional Information
Due to the fact that the mission of WRNMMC includes an educational mission, unclassified dissertations or professional papers may be published to this site for the purpose of peer review, exchange of professional information, or the exchange of ideas. In those cases, the following disclaimer is provided:
"The material contained herein is made available for the purpose of peer review and discussion and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of the Navy or the Department of Defense."
Last Updated 8/17/2020