Naval Postgraduate Dental School
VisionResidents will become proficient clinicians and leaders in their specialty. They will promote optimal dental health through education, research and clinical activities.
- Educate residents in their specialty area and prepare them for board certification.
- Promote the delivery of high quality dentistry by federal services dentists through continuing education.
- Support operational dental readiness and dental health through clinical practice, worldwide consultative services, and educational endeavors.
- Develop clinically proficient specialists for the Federal services.
- Prepare, support, and have all residents achieve board certification.
- Prepare dental officers to successfully manage specialty or advanced general dentistry practices in the military environment.
- Prepare residents to be academic and clinical mentors to members of the Dental Corps and dental profession.
- Promote a career-long interest in continued professional development.
- Conduct health care research projects and contribute to the professional literature.
- Prepare residents to critically review pertinent scientific literature.
- Prepare residents for leadership roles.
Last Updated 11/21/2019