In accordance with DHA and CDC social distancing guidance, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Pharmacy is implementing curbside pharmacy services to include prescription activation/drop-off and pickup in the River Garage starting Friday, April 17, 2020. Garage hours will be Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Although prescription activation will be available in River Garage, Floor 1, we recommend activating your prescription before you arrive.
The Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Department of Pharmacy strives to be a compassionate healthcare team, committed and responsive to the needs of the beneficiaries we serve.
Our pharmacies deliver quality pharmaceutical care services while maintaining a high state of readiness in a workplace of excellence and safety.
Pharmacy services and locations
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to all beneficiaries, and is located on the main campus at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital in Oaks Pavilion, Floor 1, Room O1.700.
This location is for refill pickups only, and is located in the Fort Belvoir Exchange at 8651 John J. Kingman Road, Fort Belvoir. You must call in your refills for pick up at the Exchange Pharmacy.
This pharmacy offers services to Wounded Warriors and their families only, and is located in Warrior Pavilion at 9501 Farrell Road, Fort Belvoir.
DiLorenzo TRICARE Health Clinic Pharmacy
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to beneficiaries employed at the Pentagon, and is located in Corridor 8.
Fairfax Health Center Pharmacy
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to all beneficiaries, and is located at 10580 Arrowhead Drive, Fairfax.
Dumfries Health Center Pharmacy
This location offers a full range of pharmacy services to all beneficiaries, and is located at 3700 Fettler Park Drive, Dumfries.
The information box at right includes phone numbers, operating hours and additional information regarding each pharmacy location.
Prescription Request Form
Please fill out the information on the Prescription Request Form in its entirety. If your form is submitted before 12 p.m. (Noon), it will be ready for pickup in River Garage, Floor 2 after 3:30 p.m. or when you receive a text notification. If your form is submitted after 12 p.m. (Noon), it will be available for pickup after 9:30 a.m. the following business day.
To reduce the wait time for all patients, the Pharmacy will begin processing electronic prescriptions from outside providers (eRx’s) for next day pickup after 1 p.m. at the Exchange (PX) Pharmacy.
NOTE: All same day and paper prescriptions will still need to be filled at the Main Outpatient Pharmacy.
If you currently get paper prescriptions from your provider, please encourage them to submit your prescriptions electronically to reduce your wait time using the following information.
Fort Belvoir eRx Pharmacy information
- Pharmacy Name: DoD FT BELVOIR RX ePhcy
- Pharmacy NCPDP/NPI Number: 4845422/1437563269
We encourage you to fill all your prescriptions at one pharmacy for your safety and convenience.
For phone refills at Fort Belvoir, Dumfries or Fairfax:
- Step 1: Call (800) 377-1723, and Press 2 for pickup at an Army facility
- Step 2: For facilities in Virginia, Press 2
- Step 3:
- For Fort Belvoir Exchange Pharmacy, Press 1
- For Dumfries Pharmacy, Press 2
- For Fairfax Pharmacy, Press 3
- Step 4: To refill or check the status of prescriptions, Press 1
- Step 5: Enter the last four numbers of the sponsor’s social security number, and then Press #
- Step 6: Enter the eight digits of the prescription number, and Press #
- Step 7:
- To refill the prescription, Press 1
- To check the status of the prescription, Press 2
- The system will then inform you if the prescription is able to be refilled and when it will be ready
For online refills:
Go to the Pharmacy Refills link for full instructions on prescription refills. Use the TRICARE Online Patient Portal Rx Refill option to directly request refills for pick up at the Exchange Pharmacy.
Sign-up for and use the Secure Messaging Patient Portal to communicate with the Fort Belvoir Pharmacy directly. By using secure messaging, you can check in virtually and request that we pre-process your new electronic prescriptions for pickup at either the Main or Exchange Pharmacy and greatly reduce your wait time.
To activate new prescriptions for pick up at the Main or Exchange Pharmacies use the TRICARE Online Patient Portal Secure Messaging:
- Register and sign-in to Secure Messaging
- Click the "Providers" tab in the menu
- Click "Add Provider or Facility"
- Use the search box to find "Fort Belvoir Pharmacy
- After you enroll, we will send an approval message and then you can begin sending requests and questions
Note: TRICARE Online (TOL) Patient Portal is a different site (www.tricareonline.com) where patients can directly request refills for pick up at the Exchange Pharmacy.
Call (571) 231-3224 and select Option 2. When prompted, choose from the following options:
- For hours, Press 1
- If you are a pharmacist or physician, Press 3
- To speak with pharmacy staff, Press 4
- To repeat this message, Press 8
- To return to the main menu, Press 9
Home delivery and network options
Beneficiaries don't have to wait in line to get prescriptions when using the convenient TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery Program. Simply order prescriptions online at the link provided below, and prescriptions will be delivered to your home.
Tricare Pharmacy Free Home Delivery
Phone: (877) 363-1303
Electronic prescribing is now available! Civilian providers may send electronic prescriptions to your military pharmacy.
Defense Department beneficiaries may also refill prescriptions at retail network pharmacies. For additional information on the Tricare Pharmacy Benefit, refer to the links or phone numbers below:
Tricare Retail Network Pharmacy
Phone: (877) 363-1303
Helpful medication tips
- Know the name(s) and dosage(s) of your medication as well as why you are taking them
- Be familiar with your medications: look for changes in color, size, shape, markings and smell. If you notice something unusual contact your pharmacist
- Take medications only as prescribed by your physician or other healthcare provider
- Do not mix medications unless instructed by your physician. Inform your physician of all medications you take, including over-the-counter medications, herbal medications and dietary supplements
- All medications can produce actions or effects other than those desired. Contact your physician and pharmacist if symptoms occur
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, check with your physician and pharmacist before taking any medication
- Do not mix different medications in the same container. Keep medications in childproof containers and out of reach of children
- Always take your medication with you to your healthcare provider appointments
- When traveling, carry your medication with you, not in your luggage. Be sure to take enough medication to last through your trip
You also may be interested in...
Form 4/17/2020 Hospital Pharmacy Prescription Request Form (1MB .PDF)
Last Updated 4/24/2020