Joint Medical Readiness Center
Welcome to the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Joint Medical Readiness Center, home of Physical Exams and Flight Medicine.
The objective of the military medical exam is to determine service member fitness for duty in accordance with Air Force Instruction 48-123, Navy Manual of the Medical Department Chapter 15 and Army Regulation 40-501.
Service members are expected to maintain medical and physical fitness.
In order to assist the examining provider and staff during the physical, please follow the instructions provided below. Please do not hesitate to contact the clinic for any questions or concerns regarding the physical exam process.
All who are enrolled at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, including Fairfax Health Center and Dumfries Health Center:
- Separation History and Physical Examination (SHPE) only for Reserve and National Guard
- Military school physicals
- Special forces, SERE, dive, airborne, and ranger accession
- Officer candidate (OCS), warrant officer (WOC)
- DoD Medical Examination Review Board (DODMERB)
- Deployment Health Assessments (pre-, post-, and re-assessment)
- Periodic Health Assessments
Flight Medicine promotes the health and functional well-being of our Navy, Air Force, and Army aviation community in a timely and flexible manner. The following services are available to active duty service members, civil servants on flight status, and personnel assigned to Davison Army Airfield.
All components of the Flight Physical must be completed through the Aviation Clinic under the direction of the Aviation Nurse Consultant.
Note: Any exception to this policy is at the discretion of the Officer-In-Charge of Aviation Medicine.
- Sick call (limited to those currently on flight status and assigned to Fort Belvoir)
You also may be interested in...
Last Updated 3/27/2020