Quality & Safety Reports
Access, Cost, Quality and Safety Transparency Reports
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital is committed to providing each beneficiary with an outstanding patient experience through safe, quality, and compassionate care. To meet the highest standards of care, we track many measures of our institutional performance to ensure we meet your expectations, every day. Explore this site to see for yourself how we are doing and what we do to ensure all of our patients receive the highest quality and safest care possible.
It's an honor to serve our nation’s heroes, and we strive daily to provide the best healthcare. Caring for America’s Heroes is much more than a duty – it’s our passion.
What are the Transparency Reports?
This site is a product of the National Defense Authorization Act, which required each military medical treatment facility to publish patient safety, quality of care, patient satisfaction, and health outcomes data.
This information is also designed to help educate our patients about our organization – our dedicated doctors, nurses, clinical support, and administrative staff members – and our commitment to excellence.
At Belvoir Hospital, we believe transparency isn’t transparent if you, the patient, can’t make sense of the information. In the information box on the right side of the page, you will find several Quality and Safety Performance Reports. For each measure, you will find:
- A detailed explanation of the measure and what this means to you
- Our performance in that measure and how we compare to other military treatment facilities, including graphs, charts, and other illustrations to help patients visualize our performance within the Military Health System
- A detailed explanation of our plan to improve our performance in this measure
We are not where we want to be on every measure of performance. Our dedicated physicians, nurses, and staff are constantly looking for ways to improve – no matter how well we already communicate or how safe our care or how successful our medical outcomes or how favorable our patient satisfaction scores.
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about the information provided for these measures of performance, please contact Patient Relations.
Military Health System Transparency Overview
Explore this link to see for yourself how we are doing and what we do to ensure all of our patients receive the highest quality and safest care possible. See how we measure up.
- Accredited/Certified by The Joint Commission
- Baby-Friendly Accreditation, Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
- Centering Pregnancy Site Certification by the Centering Pregnancy Institute
- 5 Star Virginia Maternity Center Breastfeeding Designation, Virginia State Health Commissioner
- Radiation Oncology Accreditation, American College of Radiology
- LEED Gold Certification, LEED Green Building Rating
- Quality and Patient Safety Award, 2015, Department of Defense Safety Program
- Medical Neighborhood Trailblazers Award, 2015, Mid-Atlantic Medical Neighborhood (MEDI)
- Nursing Excellence in Teaching Award, 2013, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences School of Medicine and Graduate School of Nursing
Last Updated 12/19/2019