Dental and Vision Coverage
FEDVIP Dental and Vision Coverage
The TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) ends on Dec. 31, 2018. The last day to enroll in TRDP is Oct. 31, 2018.
Beginning in 2019, dental and vision plans will be available through the Office of Personnel Management’s Federal Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
- Vision: Eligible TRICARE beneficiaries will have four vision plan options.
- Dental: FEDVIP Dental will replace the current TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP). If you currently have TRDP, you will need to enroll in FEDVIP Dental to have dental coverage in 2019.
If you’re eligible, the first opportunity to enroll in FEDVIP is during the 2018 Open Season. Coverage will start Jan. 1, 2019.
For more infomation, visit TRICARE.benefeds.com. You can:
- Sign up for email updates
- See if you are eligible for FEDVIP in 2019
- Get answers to frequently asked questions
* Children enrolled in or eligible for TRICARE Young Adult aren’t eligible for FEDVIP. Also, beneficiaries enrolled in Transition Assistance Management Program (TAMP) aren’t eligible for FEDVIP.