Skip to main content
Open Season Deadline is Today

Learn more about how to enroll or change plans for health, dental, and vision.


Find resources to better manage your TRICARE benefits.

Request Archived Medical Records

Military hospitals and clinics normally send your medical record to a central depository two years after your last visit. You or your local military facility can legally request copies of these records.

To get copies of archived records send a request with the following information:

  • Your full name and Social Security number
  • Sponsor's full name and Social Security number
  • Place and date of your last treatment

Depending on who you are, follow the steps below. For more information, visit the National Archives website.

Veterans and Next-of-kin of a Deceased Veteran

Active Duty Family Members, Retirees and their Family Members, Former Active Duty Family Members


Last Updated 11/27/2018

Related Websites