Bread Crumbs

Enroll in a Health or Dental Plan

You can enroll or purchase some TRICARE plans online or by phone.

Enroll Online

To log on to either of these sites, you need a Common Access Card (CAC)DFAS (MyPay) Account or DoD Self-Service Logon (DS Logon) Premium (Level 2) account.

To view other enrollment options for each plan, visit the Enrollment page.

Use the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Website to enroll in:

  • TRICARE Prime (only if you live in a Prime Service Area)
  • TRICARE Prime Remote
  • TRICARE Young Adult
  • US Family Health Plan
  • TRICARE Dental Program
  • TRICARE Retiree Dental Program
Follow these steps:
  1. Log on (click on the red "Log On" link at the top of the page)
  2. Select the “Medical” tab to enroll in a health plan
  3. Select the "Dental" tab to enroll in a dental plan
  4. Follow the instructions to complete your enrollment

Use the Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application to purchase:

  • TRICARE Reserve Select
  • TRICARE Retired Reserve

Follow these steps:

  1. Log on
  2. Select "Purchase Coverage" and follow the instructions
  3. Print and sign the completed Reserve Component Health Coverage Request Form (DD Form 2896-1)
  4. Mail or fax the completed form to the address listed on the form.

Enroll by Phone

You can enroll in any of the following plans by calling your regional or plan contractor:

  • TRICARE Prime
  • TRICARE Prime Remote
  • TRICARE Prime Overseas
  • TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
  • TRICARE Young Adult
  • US Family Health Plan
Enroll by Phone >> More Videos
  • Watch this episode of TRICARE TV to learn about how to enroll in certain TRICARE plans over the phone.

Last Updated 4/7/2016

contact Your Contacts
Technical Assistance

Defense Manpower Data Center

View More Contacts