Benefits During a Disaster
When a State of Emergency is issued, TRICARE may authorize early prescription refills, blanket waivers for referrals or other emergency benefits. When authorized, any emergency benefits are announced in the disaster alert along with effective dates.
Emergency Prescription Refills
To get an emergency refill, take your prescription bottle to any TRICARE retail network pharmacy. To find a network pharmacy:
If possible, visit the pharmacy where the prescription was filled.
- If you use a retail chain, you can fill your prescription at another store in that chain.
- If your provider is available, he or she may call in a new prescription to any network pharmacy.
- You can request assistance at another pharmacy, but it's at that pharmacy's discretion to help you.
- If you're displaced during a disaster, you may be unable to get to your regular doctor if you need care.
- TRICARE Regional Offices and regional contractors will determine if referral waivers will be authorized.
- All instructions will be included in the disaster alert if there is a blanket waiver issued.
Disasters bring enough uncertainty. Watch this episode of TRICARE TV and learn what you can do to keep anxiety at bay with disaster planning and preparation.