TRICARE Young Adult-Select Option
The TRICARE Young Adult-Select Option works just like TRICARE Select:
- Visit any TRICARE-authorized providerAn authorized provider is any individual, institution/organization, or supplier that is licensed by a state, accredited by national organization, or meets other standards of the medical community, and is certified to provide benefits under TRICARE. There are two types of TRICARE-authorized providers: Network and Non-Network. DS.
- If you see a network provider, you'll pay less out of pocket and the provider will file claims for you.
- You do not need a referral for any type of care but some services may require pre-authorization.
Who Can use the Select Option?
All dependent adult children who qualify for TRICARE Young Adult can use the Select Option.
To participate, you'll pay:
- Monthly premiums
- Annual deductible
- Cost shares
Costs vary depending on the sponsor's military status. >>Learn More
For More Information
To learn more about TRICARE Young Adult and TRICARE Select:
- Search Frequently Asked Questions; use "TRICARE Young Adult" as your search term.
- Contact a Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinator
Last Updated 5/9/2022