TRICARE Young Adult-Select Option
The TRICARE Young Adult-Select Option works just like TRICARE Select:
- Visit any TRICARE-authorized providerAn authorized provider is any individual, institution/organization, or supplier that is licensed by a state, accredited by national organization, or meets other standards of the medical community, and is certified to provide benefits under TRICARE. There are two types of TRICARE-authorized providers: Network and Non-Network. DS.
- If you see a network provider, you'll pay less out of pocket and the provider will file claims for you.
- You do not need a referral for any type of care but some services may require prior authorization.
Who Can use the Select Option?
All dependent adult children who qualify for TRICARE Young Adult can use the Select Option.
To participate, you'll pay:
- Monthly premiums
- Annual deductible
- Cost shares
Costs vary depending on the sponsor's military status. >>Learn More
For More Information
To learn more about TRICARE Young Adult and TRICARE Select:
- Search Frequently Asked Questions; use "TRICARE Young Adult" as your search term.
- Download a copy of the TRICARE Select Handbook.
- If overseas, download the TRICARE Overseas Program Handbook
- Contact a Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinator
Last Updated 12/1/2017