TRICARE Young Adult-Prime Option
The TRICARE Young Adult-Prime Option works the same as TRICARE Prime. You'll have an assigned primary care manager (PCM) who provides most of your care:
- military or network provider
- refers you to specialists for care he or she can't provide
- works with your regional contractor for authorization and to find a specialist in the network
- file claims for you
Who Can Choose the Prime Option?
- Children of active duty sponsors in all U.S. locations and in all overseas areas (if command-sponsored)
- Children of retired sponsors only in Prime Service AreasGeographic areas in the U.S. where we offer TRICARE Prime. They ensure medical readiness of active duty by adding to the capability and capacity of military hospitals and clinics. Prime Service Areas were also built around the Base Realignment and Closure sites.
Or, if you live in an area where the US Family Health Plan is offered, you can select the US Family Health Plan for your Prime Option.
Is your sponsor using TRICARE Reserve Select or TRICARE Retired Reserve?
You can't select the Prime Option.
To participate, you'll pay:
- Monthly premiums
- TRICARE Prime copayments
Any care received without a PCM referral is subject to point of service fees. >>Learn More
For More Information
To learn more about TRICARE Young Adult and TRICARE Prime:
Last Updated 12/1/2017