TRICARE Select Overseas
TRICARE Select Overseas provides comprehensive coverage in all overseas areas.
- You must show as eligible for TRICARE in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting SystemClick to close(DEERS) A database of information on uniformed services members (sponsors), U.S.-sponsored foreign military, DoD and uniformed services civilians, other personnel as directed by the DoD, and their family members. You need to register in DEERS to get TRICARE.
- Enrollment is required, learn more on the TRICARE Select Overseas Enrollment page.
Who Can Participate?
- Active duty family members
- Retired service members and their families
- Family members of activatedClick to closeCalled or ordered to active duty service for more than 30 days in a row. Guard/Reserve members
- Non-activated Guard/Reserve members and their families who qualify for care under the Transitional Assistance Management Program
- Retired Guard/Reserve members at age 60 and their families*
- Medal of Honor recipients and their families
- Qualified former spouses
How it Works
- Schedule an appointment with any overseas provider.
- Referrals not required
- You may need prior authorization for some types of services.
- You won't receive a TRICARE wallet card, all you need is your military ID as proof of coverage.
What You Pay
Costs vary based on the sponsor's military status. You'll pay:
- An annual outpatient deductible
- Cost shares (or percentage) for covered services
>>View TRICARE Select Overseas Costs
Is TRICARE Select Overseas Right for You?
TRICARE Select Overseas may be your only option when you live overseas. You can also purchase other health insuranceClick to closeHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance.".
Is your sponsor on active duty? You can enroll in TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas.