Primary Care Manager

What is a primary care manager (PCM)?

Because you're in a remote location, you may or may not have an assigned primary care manager (PCM).  
  • If you have an assigned PCM, schedule all appointments with your PCM.
  • If you don't, you can visit any TRICARE-authorized providerClick to closeAn authorized provider is any individual, institution/organization, or supplier that is licensed by a state, accredited by national organization, or meets other standards of the medical community, and is certified to provide benefits under TRICARE. There are two types of TRICARE-authorized providers: Network and Non-Network..

Your PCM provides all routine, non-emergency, and urgent health care. If they can't provide the care, they will refer you to a specialist.

If you don't get a referral from your PCM, it's called point-of-service. By using point-of-service, you'll pay higher out-of-pocket costs, including a deductible which doesn't count toward your annual catastrophic cap. 

Find a New PCM

Search your region's provider directory to find a new PCM near you. Call first to see if they are accepting new patients.

Change Your PCM

1. Call your Regional Contractor

  • East: Humana-Military (1-800-444-5445)
  • West: Health Net (1-844-866-WEST)

2. Online

  • Go to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website
  • Click on the red "Log On" button at the top of the page
  • Click on the "Change Primary Care Manager" button in the Actions Menu

3. In the Mail

Mail a TRICARE Prime Enrollment, Disenrollment and PCM Change Form to your regional contractor with the new PCM's name and address (mailing address is found on Page 3 of the form). You only need to complete the part of the form related to the PCM change.

The change is effective when your regional contractor processes the PCM change. You'll get a letter with your new PCM's name and telephone number. Write this information on the back of your enrollment card.

Last Updated 2/16/2016