Skip to main content
Emergency Procedures in Place for Hurricane Michael
Click here for the latest information on emergency procedures in place.


Learn about what TRICARE plan is right
for you and your family.

Documenting Eligibility and Getting Care

When your unit approves your LOD/NOE determination:

  • File it with your local military hospital or clinic or with the Defense Health Agency (DHA), Great Lakes (formerly known as MMSO).
  • Send a copy to any providers who cared for your LOD/NOE injury or illness so they can file it with your claim.

If you're able to get care from a military hospital or clinic, that facility will manage your LOD care. Make sure your service-issued LOD/NOE determination on file there.

If you’re not able to get care from a military hospital or clinic, DHA, Great Lakes works with your unit medical representative to coordinate your care with a TRICARE-authorized providerAn authorized provider is any individual, institution/organization, or supplier that is licensed by a state, accredited by national organization, or meets other standards of the medical community, and is certified to provide benefits under TRICARE. There are two types of TRICARE-authorized providers: Network and Non-Network..

For more information, visit the DHA, Great Lakes website.

Last Updated 5/11/2017

contact Your Contacts

Defense Health Agency, Great Lakes


DHA, Great Lakes Website

View More Contacts