Secure Patient Portal
The Secure Patient Portal is a secure system designed to help you manage your individual or family health care online. Using these online systems, you can:
- Make appointments
- Cancel/reschedule appointments
- Get E-Visits
- Request prescription refills
- Request prescription renewals
- View laboratory tests results
- View selected radiology reports
TRICARE is in the process of switching from our current patient portal, TOL Patient Portal, to MHS GENESIS. See below for information on how to find your secure patient portal.
Until MHS GENESIS is fully deployed, there will be some overlap of services between the TOL Patient Portal and MHS GENESIS. To register on MHS GENESIS you need to have a DoD Self-Service Logon (DS Logon) Premium (Level 2) account. Visit the My Access Center to upgrade your account.
TOL Secure Patient Portal:
The TOL Patient Portal (also referred to as "TRICARE Online" or "TOL") is the current secure patient portal that gives registered users access to online health care information and services at military hospitals and clinics.
When you register on the TOL Patient Portal, you can:
- Review and download personal health information
- Schedule, change, view, or cancel appointments at your military hospital or clinic
- Receive secure email and text message appointment reminders
- Refill and check status of your prescriptions at your military hospital or clinic
- Get information and services when separating from active duty or reserves
- Access TOL Patient Portal through your mobile device
MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
MHS GENESIS is the new secure patient portal for TRICARE. It will eventually deploy to all military medical and dental facilities worldwide and replace the TOL Patient Portal.
MHS GENESIS Features
With the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, you’ll have a direct view and 24/7 access into your current medical and dental health records.
- View, download and transmit your health data
- Book or cancel appointments
- Request prescription refills
- View clinic notes and certain laboratory/test results
- Exchange messages with your health care team
- Complete a pre-visit, dental health history questionnaire online (active duty only)
- Look up health information related to your health concerns, results, and prescriptions
What You Need to do to Use MHS GENESIS
Save the new portal location: https://patientportal.mhsgenesis.health.mil
- Login with a DS Premium Level 2 Account >>See How to Get One
- Remember your username and password
As soon as your record is created, you’ll be able to see your health data in MHS GENESIS.
Using MHS GENESIS and TOL Together
If you’re already a registered user on the TOL Secure Patient Portal, MHS GENESIS works much the same way.
If you move back to a non-MHS GENESIS location, you’ll resume use of the TOL Secure Patient Portal for all secure actions (appointing, viewing health data, prescription refills, secure messaging).
Log in to your Secure Patient Portal
If your military hospital or clinic uses TOL, click here to log in: >>TRICARE Online
If your military hospital or clinic uses MHS GENESIS, click here to log in: >>MHS GENESIS
Not sure which portal your military hospital or clinic uses? Visit their website here: >>Military Hospitals and Clinics
Once there, click “Patient Portal” in the top right-hand corner of the homepage. You’ll be directed to the correct portal, either TOL or MHS GENESIS.
Last Updated 7/27/2021