Nicotine Nasal Spray
Nicotrol® NS is nasal spray that eases cravings for tobacco. When the spray enters the nostrils, nicotine enters the bloodstream faster than any other nicotine replacement therapy product. If you are a heavy smoker, this product may work best for you.
- A usual single dose is two sprays, one in each nostril.
- Do not take more than 5 doses per hour or 40 doses in a day.
- The treatment can last anywhere between 8–12 weeks.
- However, how often you use the spray will depend on how many cigarettes you smoked and how strong they were.
- Talk with your doctor to find out more about how much nasal spray you should use, and for how long.
- Irritation to the nose and throat
- Sensations in the ear
- Increased urination
- Tingling or burning feeling in the head
Do not use the spray if you are a nonsmoker or if your think you may be allergic to anything in the spray. Do not sniff or inhale while spraying. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and mouth. Put the cap on the spray bottle when not in use, and keep the spray out of reach of children and pets. Do not leave the nasal spray in the light.