Freedom Quitline Research Study
If you’re a TRICARE beneficiary who smokes and are interested in quitting, find out if you're eligible to participate in the Freedom Quitline. The Freedom Quitline is a research study that provides personalized smoking cessation telephone counseling and free nicotine replacement therapy mailed directly to your home.
If you use the Freedom Quitline, you will receive:
- Free nicotine replacement therapy (nicotine patch or gum) delivered to your home
- Four personalized smoking cessation counseling sessions over the phone with a highly-trained staff member that is ready to help you quit
- A TRICARE beneficiary (Active Duty or retired Military Service member or dependent)
- A smoker who has smoked at least five cigarettes a day in the past 12 months
- 18 years or older
- In the United States
- If you are stationed overseas, you may still be able to participate in the Freedom Quitline. Call 210-671-1993 or visit the Freedom Quitline website for approved locations.
Call the Freedom Quitline at 1-844-I-AM-FREE (1-844-426-3733) to see if you qualify and get started.
The National Institutes of Health, in cooperation with the Department of Defense and the University of Virginia, grant-funds the Freedom Quitline.
Last Updated 1/4/2019