Help Your Hero Quit
We all know the challenges faced when trying to quit tobacco products, but did you know all the research shows that quitters with a support network are up to 10 times more successful at quitting than those who go it alone? Here you can find resources to help health professionals, families, and friends support the efforts of those in need. Let them know that help to quit smoking and chewing tobacco is available to them, and that they are not alone in their fight to be tobacco free.
- Health Professionals—As a senior leader, health professional, or other mentor, your programs and support are critical to the success of those attempting to quit tobacco. We’re here to support you on this mission, with resources to help you create tobacco cessation programs that are tailored specifically for enlisted personnel or to enhance stop smoking programs you may already have in place.
- Download the Tobacco Cessation Resources Guide (Fillable) for a comprehensive list of resources and programs for those thinking about quitting and those ready to quit. Use the fillable box to include your local program information and provide to your patients or beneficiaries. If you don't have a local program or wish not to include it, use this version of the Tobacco Cessation Resources Guide instead.
- Cessation Resources—Check out how unique features on the site can be used to enhance your current tobacco cessation program or help you build a new one.
- Customize Materials—Here are materials specific to each branch of the military—from videos, to posters to downloadable banner images
- Order Campaign Materials—Order our free promotional materials online to raise awareness of the Quit Tobacco—UCanQuit2 campaign or to support current and future tobacco cessation activities on your installation.
- Families and Friends—When someone you care about is trying to quit smoking or chewing tobacco, there is so much you can do to help. This information will answer your questions and prepare you to be ready to provide support when the time is right. Remember, as the spouse, relative, or friend of someone quitting, the more support you can provide the greater their chances of success will be. You can make a huge impact in the success of their commitment to be tobacco free!
- Make a Difference—Learn how important you are in your loved one’s struggle with tobacco and how you can make an enormous impact in their effort to quit.
- Frequently Asked Questions—Do you have tough questions about tobacco and its effect on your loved one's life? Take a look at some frequently asked questions to learn more, and ask us your own question if it hasn't been answered for you.