Tobacco Cessation Products
TRICARE covers tobacco cessation products including:
- Over-the-counter drugs
How do I qualify?
Where can I get them filled?
You can fill your prescription at no cost at military pharmacies and through home delivery.
- If you plan to use a military pharmacy, call first to see if:
- The product is in stock
- You're required to participate in a tobacco cessation program or class
- If you're overseas, tobacco cessation products are only available to active duty service members and families enrolled in TRICARE Prime Overseas
- Retail pharmacies don't cover tobacco cessation products
What products are covered?
- Chantix (Varenicline tablets)
- Zyban and generics (Buproprin SR tablets)
- Nicotrol NS (Nicotine nasal spray)
- Nicotrol (Nicotine inhalation)
- Nicoderm CQ and Habitrol (Nicotine transdermal)
- Nicorette, Nicorelief and generics (Nicotine gum)
- Nicorette, Commit and generics (Nicotine lozenge)