Traveling Overseas

Filling Prescriptions Overseas

We recommend that you fill all of your prescriptions before you travel. If you must fill a prescription while you’re on the road, keep in mind that:

  • TRICARE network pharmacies are only located in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands.
  • If you are using home delivery, you must have:
    • A prescription from a U.S. licensed provider, and
    • An APO or FPO address.

    Learn more about filling prescriptions overseas.

Air Evacuations

  • If medically necessaryTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition., International SOS will provide cashless, claimless air evacuation services to the closest safe location. This applies only to active duty service members (ADSMs) and their families.
  • For all others, TRICARE will still cover air evacuation in the same circumstances. However, you should be prepared to pay up front and submit a claim for reimbursement.
  • TRICARE doesn’t cover all air evacuations back to the U.S... >>Learn More.


How do I get proof of medical coverage for overseas travel?


Last Updated 5/3/2023