TRICARE Prime Remote Determination of Eligibility Request
TRICARE Prime Remote (TPR) is available to:
- Active duty service members
- ActivatedClick to closeCalled or ordered to active duty service for more than 30 days in a row. National Guard and Reserve members called or ordered to active duty for more than 30 days (Pre‐Activation/Pre‐Mobilization/Pre-Deployment/TDY orders aren't eligible)
TPR eligibility determination requests address the Active duty service member eligibility only. Guard/Reserve members who live and work in designated remote locations are eligible.
If you don't live and work in a designated remote location, you may submit a Determination of Eligibility Request to your TRICARE Regional Office. You must meet one or more of these exceptions:
- Your unit is in one contractor region, but you live in another contractor region.
- You and your unit are in one region, but the closest primary care manager is in another region. The East regionClick to closeUnder the new regional contracts, the East Region is a merger of the North and South Regions and includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. contractor is Humana. The West regionClick to closeAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming. contractor is Health Net.
- Geographic barriers or other unique situations exist. For instance, the distance or drive time to the nearest military hospital or clinic from your residence and your work unit each exceeds 50 miles or one hour drive time.
Only the service member or the Unit Commander may request a TPR Determination of Eligibility Request.
- Region is required.
- Service member name is required.
- Service member status is required.
- Service member branch is required.
- Service member rank and pay grade is required.
- Service member address is required.
- Service member home phone is required.
- Service member work phone is required.
- Service member email is required.
- You must enter a valid service member email.
- Unit name is required
- Work Address (include ZIP Code) is required.
- Unit phone number is required.
- Commander name is required.
- Commander phone number is required.
- Commander email address is required.
- You must enter a valid commander email address.
- Scenario is required.
- Submission date is required.
* Denotes a required field
SERVICE MEMBER INFORMATION
* Enter valid email
* Enter valid commander email
REASON(S) YOU ARE REQUESTING THE TPR DETERMINATION *
Choose the Scenario That Applies* Choose a scenario
Last Updated 12/19/2019