TRICARE Prime Remote Determination of Eligibility Request
By law, you can only use TRICARE Prime Remote if both your (the sponsor's) home and work addresses are more than 50 miles (or one hour's drive time) from a military hospital or clinic. If you don't live and work in a designated remote location, you may submit a Determination of Eligibility Request if you believe that one or more of the exceptions to the eligibility criteria are met:
- Your unit is in one region, but you live in another region
- You and your unit are in one region, but closest primary care manager is in another region
- Geographic barriers or other unique situations exist (e.g. the drive time to the nearest military hospital or clinic exceeds one hour)
- If you're on Pre‐Activation/Pre‐Mobilization/Pre-Deployment orders, you're not eligible for TRICARE Prime Remote.
- If you're on Temporary Duty/Temporary Additional Duty (TDY/TAD) orders, you're not eligible for TRICARE Prime Remote.
- Please indicate your work address in the block provided. Your work address is the location where you report to duty daily. This may be different from your assigned unit address.
You are not eligible to enroll in TPR during an Early Eligibility period. However, your family members may enroll in TPR as long as they meet the plan's eligibility requirements. You can enroll in TPR once you begin your active duty service. To enroll, follow your command's guidance when you reach your final duty station.
Only the service member or the Unit Commander may request a Determination of Eligibility Request.
- Region is required.
- Service member name is required.
- Service member status is required.
- Service member branch is required.
- Service member rank and pay grade is required.
- Service member address is required.
- Service member home phone is required.
- Service member work phone is required.
- Service member email is required.
- You must enter a valid service member email.
- Unit name is required
- Work Address (include Zip Code) is required.
- Unit phone number is required.
- Commander name is required.
- Commander phone number is required.
- Commander email address is required.
- You must enter a valid commander email address.
- Scenario is required.
- Submission date is required.
* Denotes a required field
SERVICE MEMBER INFORMATION
* Enter valid email
* Enter valid commander email
REASON(S) YOU ARE REQUESTING THE TPR DETERMINATION *
Choose the Scenario That Applies* Choose a scenario
Last Updated 9/23/2019