Prime Travel Benefit
If you have a civilian PCM, the following documents must be submitted to the TRICARE Prime Travel Benefit Office.
**If you are a Coast Guard member with either a military or civilian PCM please follow the guidance below.
If you don't include all of the required documents, your claim can't be processed. Be sure to make copies of everything for your records.
|Patient Information Form
The form must be completely filled out and signed.
Travel Claim Forms:
DD Form 1351-2
DD Form 1351-3
- Patients and non-active duty Non-Medical Attendants (NMAs): Complete both forms
- Active duty NMAs: Complete only the DD Form 1351-2
- View the Instructions and Examples for help completing the DD 1351-2 form
- Include legible, itemized receipts for all travel claims.
- Credit card or bank statements don't qualify as receipts.
- Receipts must be dated during the approved travel timeline or they won't be reimbursed.
|Proof that you Attended the Appointment
||A note from the specialty care provider's office verifying that you attended the appointment.
Non-Medical Attendant Letter
A letter from your doctor stating that a non-medical attendant (NMA) is appropriate and medically-necessary. (Only required when you have a NMA). For chronic conditions, the doctor may request the letter be valid for up to one year.
Active Duty/ Federal Employee NMA Memo
|This form is required to authorize TDY travel reimbursement for an active duty service member or federal employee traveling as a NMA.
|EFT Authorization Form
All payments are made by electronic funds transfer (EFT).
Send all required documents via email or to the following address:
Prime Travel Office
7800 IH 10 West, Ste. 400
San Antonio, TX 78230
You must file your travel claim within one year of the travel date.
• Travel claims are processed using the Defense Travel System (DTS).
• Include legible, itemized receipts for all travel expensesClick to closeAmounts you pay when traveling to and from your appointment. This includes costs for gas, meals, tolls, parking, lodging, local transportation, and tickets for public transportation. with each claim (Fuel receipts aren't needed).
• Government rates are used to reimburse the reasonable expenses.
• Please allow up to four weeks for your payment to be processed.