Medical Claims

Follow the steps below to file and check the status of your claims.

  • Keep a copy of all paperwork for your records.
  • If you need help, call your regional contractor.

Are you overseas? If yes, then you can file your claims online

1. Fill out the TRICARE Claim Form

2. Include a Copy of the Provider's Bill 

Attach a readable copy of the provider's bill to the claim form, making sure it contains the following:

  • Sponsor's Social Security Number (SSN) or Department of Defense Benefits Number (DBN) (eligible former spouses should use their SSN)
  • Provider's name and address (if more than one provider's name is on the bill, circle the name of the person who treated you)
  • Date and place of each service
  • Description of each service or supply furnished
  • Charge for each service
  • Diagnosis (if the diagnosis is not on the bill, be sure to complete block 8a on the form)

3. Submit the Claim

  • Mail your completed claim form to the claims address for your claims processor.
  • If filing a claim overseas, you can submit your claim online. >>Learn More

4. Check the Status of Your Claims

To keep track of your claims online, you'll need to register on your claim processor's site:

Once registered, you can also:

  • Look up your deductibles and your out-of-pocket expenses
  • Update your other health insuranceHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance." information
  • View your explanations of benefits online
Claims for Same-Sex Spouses

Once your spouse shows as eligible for benefits in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), he or she can file claims for care received:

  • On or after June 26, 2013—if married before June 26, 2013, or 
  • Back to the date of eligibility in DEERS—if married after June 26, 2013.

Last Updated 9/3/2019