Traveling Overseas

Filling Prescriptions Overseas

We recommend that you have all your prescriptions filled before you travel, but if you must fill a prescription on the road, keep in mind that:

  • TRICARE network pharmacies are only located in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands.
  • To fill prescriptions via home delivery, the prescription must be from a U.S. licensed provider and you must have an APO or FPO address

Learn more about filling prescriptions overseas.

Traveling Overseas? Protect Yourself from Mosquito-Borne Illnesses

Mosquito bites are bothersome enough, but when you consider risks, like getting sick with Zika, dengue, chikungunya, or other mosquito-borne illness, it's important to protect yourself and your family when traveling overseas. >>Learn More

Air evacuation might be covered ...

If medically necessaryTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition., International SOS will provide cashless, claimless air evacuation services to the closest safe location for active duty service members (ADSMs) and their families only. For all others, TRICARE only covers air evacuation when medically necessary to the closest safe location and you should be prepared to pay up front and submit a claim for reimbursement.  If you decide to take an air evacuation back to the U.S., it might not be covered.  >>Learn More 

Are you traveling to the Philippines?

You must select providers and pharmacies from the Philippines Certified Provider List.

Last Updated 1/11/2017