In the U.S. or U.S. Territories

You can schedule an appointement with any TRICARE-authorized providerAn authorized provider is any individual, institution/organization, or supplier that is licensed by a state, accredited by national organization, or meets other standards of the medical community, and is certified to provide benefits under TRICARE. There are two types of TRICARE-authorized providers: Network and Non-Network. DS, but finding a Medicare participating provider is your best option. You will need your Medicare card and uniformed services ID card when you go to your appointment.

After your appointment:

  • Your provider files the claim with Medicare.
  • Medicare pays the provider and sends the remaining amount electronically to TRICARE.
  • TRICARE pays the remaining amount to the provider; you pay nothing out-of-pocket.
  • You receive an explanation of benefits from Medicare and TRICARE.

All Other Overseas Areas

  • Schedule an appointment with any approved overseas provider.
  • To find a provider, contact International SOS or search the overseas provider directory.
  • TRICARE is the primary payer, so you're required to pay the TRICARE annual deductible and cost shares.

Last Updated 9/3/2019