The Department of Defense (DoD) Patient Safety Program provides products, services, education and training to help ensure the safe delivery of health care to TRICARE beneficiaries.
How You Can Help
- Participate in every decision regarding your health care. If you're unable or uncomfortable to talk with your provider, a family member or friend may accompany you and speak on your behalf.
- Tell your provider about your medications, allergies and any adverse reactions you have to medications.
- Keep a record of all your medications, vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Ask what your prescribed medication does and the possible side effects.
- Know when and how to take your medications.
- Learn as much as you can about your illness, condition, treatment plan and any tests your doctor may conduct.
- If you need surgery, make sure you and the surgeon agree on exactly what is going to be done, including the surgeon marking the surgical site.
- Ask your provider when, where and how you will get the results of a procedure or test.
Looking to book an appointment online at a military hospital or clinic? Visit the Secure Patient Portal for more information.
Last Updated 9/3/2019