All Others Enrolled in a TRICARE Prime Plan
You'll get most care from your primary care manager (PCM). Call your PCM to schedule an appointment.
- You must have a referral from your PCM for any routine or specialty care he or she can't provide.
- Your PCM works with your regional contractor for the referral and authorization.
- Your contractor will try to refer you to a military hospital or clinic first.
- If not available, you're referred to a network provider (in your region).
- You don't need a PCM referral for preventive services or mental health visits if you see a network provider (in your region).
- If you get any of the following types of care without a PCM referral, you're using the point-of-service option and will pay more out-of-pocket:
- Routine or specialty care from any provider other than your PCM
- Mental health care from a non-network provider
- Preventive care from a non-network provider
- Learn more about urgent care.
Your Primary Care Manager
|TRICARE Prime Remote||
|TRICARE Prime Overseas||
|TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas||
Last Updated 1/4/2019