Bread Crumbs

Active Duty Service Members

While your rules for getting care are basically the same, there are minor differences based on which plan you're enrolled in.
  • Call your primary care manager (PCM) to schedule an appointment.
  • You must have a referral from your PCM for any care he or she can't provide.
  • Your PCM works with your regional contractor for the referral and authorization. 
  • Your contractor will try to refer you to a military hospital or clinic first. 
  • If not available, you're referred to a network provider (in your region).

Your Primary Care Manager

  • May be a military hospital or clinic or a network provider.
  • If enrolled to a military hospital or clinic, you can book some appointments online.
TRICARE Prime Remote 
TRICARE Prime Overseas
  • You'll have an assigned PCM at a military hospital or clinic.
  • You'll get most care from your assigned PCM.
  • Call International SOS if you need an appointment with an overseas provider.
TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas 
  • Contact your Regional Call Center to schedule all appointments.
  • In Canada, you'll get most care from your PCM at a Canadian Forces Health Facility. For help finding a provider, contact the Canadian Forces Medical Group at 1-613-945-6653.

Last Updated 3/2/2017

Topics Icon Related Topics