Secure Patient Portal
A patient portal is secure system designed to help you manage your individual or family health care online. Using these online systems, you can:
- Make appointments
- Cancel/reschedule appointments
- Prescription refills
- Request prescription renewals
- View laboratory tests results
- View selected radiology reports
TRICARE is in the process of switching from our current patient portal, TOL Patient Portal, to MHS Genesis. MHS GENESIS is now available at Fairchild Air Force Base, Madigan Army Medical Center, Naval Hospital Bremerton and Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor. All other locations use the TOL Patient Portal.
Until MHS GENESIS is fully deployed, there will be some overlap of services between the TOL Patient Portal and MHS GENESIS. To register on MHS GENESIS you need to have a DoD Self-Service Logon (DS Logon) Premium (Level 2) account. Visit the My Access Center to upgrade your account.
TOL Secure Patient Portal
The TOL Patient Portal (also referred to as "TRICARE Online" or "TOL") is the current secure patient portal that gives registered users access to online health care information and services at military hospitals and clinics.
When you register on the TOL Patient Portal, you can:
- Review and download personal health information
- Schedule, change, view or cancel appointments at your military hospital or clinic
- Receive secure email and text message appointment reminders
- Refill and check status of your prescriptions at your military hospital or clinic
- Access the online health risk assessments
- Get information and services when separating from active duty or reserves
MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
MHS GENESIS is the new secure patient portal for TRICARE. It will eventually deploy to all military medical and dental facilities worldwide and replace the TOL Patient Portal.
MHS GENESIS Features
With the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, you’ll have a direct view and 24/7 access into your current medical and dental health records.
- View, download and transmit your health data
- Book or cancel appointments
- Request prescription refills
- View clinic notes and certain laboratory/test results
- Exchange messages with your health care team
- Complete a pre-visit, dental health history questionnaire online (active duty only)
- Look up health information related to your health concerns, results, and prescriptions
What You Need to do to Use MHS GENESIS
Save the new portal location: https://patientportal.mhsgenesis.health.mil
As soon as your record is created, you’ll be able to see your health data in MHS GENESIS.
Using MHS GENESIS and TOL Together
If you’re already a registered user on the TOL Secure Patient Portal, MHS GENESIS works much the same way.
- To refill prescriptions, you should continue to use RelayHealth.
- Access the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal to send a message to your healthcare team requesting prescription renewals.
Non-MHS GENESIS Sites
Once you move to a non-MHS GENESIS location, you’ll resume use of the TOL Secure Patient Portal for all secure actions (appointing, viewing health data, prescription refills, secure messaging).