Understand Side Effects and Drug Interactions
Are You Feeling Worse?
Sometimes you may feel worse when taking a new prescription drug. If so, you may be:
- Experiencing side effects
- Taking the wrong dose
- Not taking the drug as prescribed
- Taking another drug or supplement that reduces the drug's effectiveness or worsens your illness
In these cases, you need to talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Your doctor may prescribe another medicine or suggest other ways to limit side effects.
Are You Feeling Better?
Sometimes when you take medicine, your symptoms go away. Even though you're feeling better, don’t stop taking your medicine unless your doctor tells you to. Stopping or reducing the dose can make your illness come back.
Did you know?
We check all prescriptions filled through the military, home delivery or at a network pharmacy against your TRICARE prescription history.
- Uses an automated tool
- Reduces the likelihood of bad drug interactions
- Reduces duplicate treatments