The TRICARE Dental Program has two options:
- Single (one person)
- Family (two or more people)
If you choose a family plan, all eligible family members must enroll except:
- Children under age one. If you have a family plan, your children will be automatically on the family plan on the first day of the month after they reach age one
- Family members living in two or more locations
- Family members who need special medical attention in a hospital or treatment center. (You must have documentation)
Guard/Reserve enrollments work a little differently. Sponsors enroll separately because their military status may change.
- The sponsor and family members enroll separately and pay two different premium payments.
- The sponsor can only select a single plan.
- Family members can enroll under a single or family plan.
- The sponsor doesn’t have to have a plan for families to enroll.
Last Updated 2/7/2019