Effective May 1, 2017, United Concordia will assume responsibility for administering the TRICARE Dental Program, replacing the outgoing dental contractor, MetLife. You can enroll for dental coverage now through the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.
The TRICARE Dental Program has two options:
- Single (one person)
- Family (two or more people)
If you choose a family plan, all eligible family members must enroll except:
- Children under age four (age one after May 1st, 2017). If you have a family plan, your children will be automatically on the family plan on the first day of the month after they reach age four (age one after May 1st, 2017).
- Family members living in two or more locations
- Family members who need special medical attention in a hospital or treatment center (You must have documentation)
Guard/Reserve enrollments work a little differently. Sponsors enroll separately because their military status may change.
- The sponsor and family members enroll separately and pay two different premium payments.
- The sponsor can only select a single plan.
- Family members can enroll under a single or family plan.
- The sponsor doesn’t have to have a plan for families to enroll.