When Coverage Begins
Effective May 1, 2017, United Concordia will assume responsibility for administering the TRICARE Dental Program, replacing the outgoing dental contractor, MetLife. You can enroll for dental coverage now through the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.
When you send your TRICARE Dental Program enrollment form, Concordia will:
- See if you’re eligible
- Check that your premium payment is correct
- Process your enrollment
- Contact you if there are any problems
If your enrollment is processed:
- By the 20th of the month, your coverage starts on the first day of the next month
- After the 20th of the month, your coverage starts on the first day of the second month
- See the chart below for sample enrollment start dates.
You’ll receive a TRICARE Dental Program ID Card that shows your start date. You must show this card each time you visit the dentist. If you get any dental care before your start date, you will have to pay for the full cost of your care.
|December 21-January 20
|January 21-February 20
|February 21-March 20
|March 21-April 20
|April 21-May 20
|May 21-June 20
|June 21-July 20
|July 21-August 20
|August 21-September 20
|September 21-October 20
|October 21-November 20
|November 21-December 20