Along with your monthly premiums, you'll pay cost-shares for your dental care. Cost-shares will vary depending on your sponsor's pay grade and your service area.
E-1 - E-4
E-5 and above
|Preventive, except Sealants (Sealants included after May 1st, 2017)2||0%||0%||0%|
|Miscellaneous Services(occlusal guard, athletic mouth guard)||50%||50%||0%|
- Doesn’t apply to Selected Reserve and Individual Ready Reserve members (other than Special Mobilization Category) and their families. They will pay CONUS cost-shares.
- We fully cover space maintainers for posterior teeth for patients under age 19.
- Orthodontic treatment is available for enrolled family members. We cover:
- Children up to age 21 or 23. (Based on student status, learn more)
- Spouses up to age 23
- National Guard/Reserve sponsors up to age 23
Dental coverage has specific limits and exclusions. You can download the TRICARE Dental Program Benefit Booklet for details.
The government pays 100% of the TRICARE Dental Program Survivor Benefit premiums, but you're responsible to pay cost-shares when you get care
Last Updated 5/29/2019