Last Chance: Set Up Payment for TRICARE Select Enrollment Fees
The Dec. 31 deadline to set up payment for your new TRICARE Select 2021 enrollment fees is just around the corner. If you’re a TRICARE Select Group AIf you or your sponsor’s initial enlistment or appointment occurred before January 1, 2018, you are in Group A. retiree, this is your last chance to set up payment. If you don’t set up your payment by the Dec. 31 deadline, you’ll be disenrolled from TRICARE Select or TRICARE Overseas Program Select on Jan. 1, 2021.
“Time is running out for some to set up their monthly payments for TRICARE Select enrollment fees for coverage next year,” said Mark Ellis, chief of the Policy Programs Section of the TRICARE Health Plan with the Defense Health Agency. “We don’t want any beneficiary to experience interruption in coverage or disenrollment. If you still need to take action, we encourage you to do so today.”
The new TRICARE Select enrollment fees for Group A retirees are:
- For an individual plan, you’ll pay $12.50 per month or $150 annually.
- For a family plan, you’ll pay $25 per month or $300 annually.
If you get your retirement pay through a military pay center, your payments should be made by allotment, where feasible. You need to arrange this payment with your TRICARE contractor. You may be required to pay one or more months of your enrollment fees before Dec. 31 to avoid a break in coverage.
If you aren’t able to pay by allotment, you must set up automatic payments by credit card, debit card, or electronic funds transfer from a U.S. bank account. You may also be required to pay for one or more months of your enrollment fees before Dec. 31 to avoid a break in coverage.
You can set up monthly automatic payments for your enrollment fees online or by phone. Go to your TRICARE contractor’s website for more detail:
- In the East regionUnder the new regional contracts, the East Region is a merger of the North and South Regions and includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin., visit Humana Military.
- In the West regionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming., visit Health Net Federal Services, LLC.
- Overseas, visit International SOS Government Services, Inc. or contact your TRICARE Overseas Program Regional Call Center.
If you don’t set up your automatic payments by Dec. 31, you’re subject to disenrollment from TRICARE Select on Jan. 1. You’ll have 180 days from your termination date to request reinstatement, and you’ll need to pay all past enrollment fees. Without reinstatement, you can only get care from a military hospital or clinic if space is available. You’ll also be responsible for covering all of your civilian health care costs.
Don’t wait until the last day to take action. To learn more, visit TRICARE Select Enrollment Fees and take command of your health.
Last Updated 10/14/2021