Last Day to Make 2020 TRICARE, FEDVIP Enrollment Choices
Today is the last day of open season. If you want to enroll in or change your TRICARE health plan or Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) plan for 2020 coverage, act now. Both TRICARE Open Season and Federal Benefits Open Season end at 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, Dec. 9. For any changes you make, your new coverage will start on Jan. 1, 2020—the first day of the year.
Remember, if you want to stay in your current TRICARE health plan or FEDVIP dental or vision plan, you don’t have to take any action. You’ll remain in your current plan through 2020 or as long as you’re eligible.
Here’s what you need to know if you do want to enroll in or change plans before open season ends today.
TRICARE Open Season
- If you’re eligible for TRICARE Prime (including US Family Health Plan) or TRICARE Select and want to enroll in a plan, take action now.
- If you’re already enrolled in TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select and want to switch plans or switch from individual to family enrollment, take action now.
- If you don’t enroll in a TRICARE health plan, you’ll only be able to receive care at military hospitals and clinics if space is available.
- You can compare 2020 plans and compare plan costs now before you make a choice.
Federal Benefits Open Season
- If you’re eligible for FEDVIP dental coverage and want to enroll in a dental plan, take action now.
- If you’re eligible for FEDVIP vision coverage and want to enroll in a vision plan, take action now.
- You must be enrolled in a TRICARE health plan to be eligible for FEDVIP vision coverage.
- If you’re not sure if you can enroll in FEDVIP dental, vision, or both, use the FEDVIP eligibility tool.
- You can compare 2020 plans and costs now before you make a choice.
Again, the open season deadline for 2020 coverage is today. Take command of your health care, and make sure you and your family have the coverage you want in 2020. Visit TRICARE Open Season and Federal Benefits Open Season to learn more.
Last Updated 2/11/2020