Join TRICARE for November 15 Webinar on TRICARE Open Season, Federal Benefits Open Season
Open season is an annual period when you can enroll in or change your health care coverage plan for the following year. TRICARE beneficiaries will experience open season for the first time, from Nov. 12 to Dec. 10, 2018. Enrollment choices made during this period will take effect on Jan. 1, 2019. To learn more, you can join TRICARE for the “Open Season is Here! Your Guide to TRICARE Open Season and Federal Benefits Open Season” webinar on Nov. 15, from 1 to 2 p.m. ET.
To help you understand the differences between TRICARE Open Season and Federal Benefits Open Season, check out highlights of each below.
What is TRICARE Open Season?
TRICARE Open Season affects your health care coverage. During TRICARE Open Season, you have three options:
- If you want to stay with your current health care plan, you don’t have to take any action.
- If you’re not enrolled in a TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select plan, but eligible to do so, you may enroll.
- If you’re already enrolled in TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select, you can switch plans. For example, if you’re eligible, you may switch from TRICARE Prime to TRICARE Select, or switch from individual to family coverage.
If you have a premium-based plan (TRICARE Retired Reserve, TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Young Adult, and Continued Health Care Benefit Program) and don’t plan to enroll in a TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select plan, TRICARE Open Season doesn’t apply to you. Similarly, TRICARE Open Season doesn’t apply to TRICARE For Life.
What is Federal Benefits Open Season?
The Federal Benefits Open Season affects dental and vision coverage. During Federal Benefits Open Season, the following applies:
- By law, the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) is ending at the end of 2018. If you’re enrolled in TRDP and want to have 2019 dental coverage, you can enroll in the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
- Retirees and their family members may enroll in FEDVIP dental, FEDVIP vision, neither, or both.
- Active duty family members enrolled in a TRICARE health plan may enroll in a FEDVIP vision plan.
There are 10 dental carriers and 4 vision carriers to choose from. Visit the FEDVIP website to learn about your plan options.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about open season and your options during this time. Register to join us on Nov. 15. A Q&A led by the presenters will follow the presentation.
Keep updated on all of the upcoming TRICARE changes. For the latest on changes to TRICARE, visit TRICARE News and TRICARE Changes.