You can file a pharmacy appealClick to closeThe action you take if you don’t agree with a decision made about your benefit. if you disagree with a decision about your pharmacy benefit. For example, Express Scripts denies:
- Your pharmacy claim
- Your request for medical necessity for a specific drug
- Your request for prior authorization
To file a pharmacy appeal, you should:
Send letter to Express Scripts. Make sure the postmark is within 90 days of the date of the decision.
- State specifically why you disagree.
- Include a copy of the claim decision.
- Include any supporting documents.
- If you don’t have all the supporting documents, send the appeal with what you have. Make sure to state that you’ll send more information soon.
You may request a second level appeal if Express Scripts denies your appeal. The appeal decision letter from Express Scripts will give you specific instructions for this.
Last Updated 2/1/2016